Teach Your Managers How to Manage: Make the Most of Your Company's Greatest Asset
Thursday, April 5, 2012 at 1:30 pm ET
Duration: 90 minutes
Speakers: Ruth Ross
The economy is slowly turning around, but this news is not entirely good for employers. When the economic recovery is strong enough, many of your best employees will leave you for other jobs. Why will this happen? The number one reason people leave their jobs, even in a bad economy, is due to their manager or supervisor. Given this statistic, it is surprising how few resources (both dollars and time) are spent on teaching managers how to manage. Even more concerning is how little time and attention senior executives personally give to their most important corporate asset. The good news is that you can do something about it If you pay attention to your organizations' greatest asset … your managers.
New managers don't just wake up one day knowing how to manage. They need effective training. This webinar will give you the keys to creating a better corps of skilled managers, leading to a more engaged and productive workforce. This will ultimately increase your company's profitability and owner or shareholder value.
- Understand why managers are disengaged and manage poorly
- Learn how to communicate the problem to your senior management
- Learn the basic principles for improving your managers' performance: training; employee engagement; communication
- Conduct a "basics boot camp" for your managers
- Stop the silent killer affecting your managers … disengagement
- Ensure you have "TYME" … Thank Your Managers Every Day
Who Should Attend
Anyone who has the ability to impact how managers are treated today in your company and wants to learn the ROI of why this is a strategic imperative for your organization. This session is a must for HR professionals, business executives and business owners.
- 90-minute webinar (Travel-Free) delivered over the phone and Internet.
- Unlimited listeners per connection - bring the entire department.
- Q&A session with the expert.
This event will be presented live by phone together with a PowerPoint presentation to be viewed on your computer. Internet access is not required for phone-only participants. The PowerPoint slides will be provided shortly before the event. Once you register, you will receive an email which is your receipt and which includes your instructions for dialing in and logging on. You will also receive an email reminder 24 hours before the webinar.