Keep Your Union-Free Advantage
Wednesday, June 19, 2013at 1:30 pm ET
Duration: 90 minutes
Special Feature: If you register for this webinar and cannot attend, you will be able to access a one-time instant replay without charge for up to 90 days after the date of the webinar.
**The CD will contain the speaker’s presentation and the PowerPoint slides shown during the webinar.
This webinar will cover the following areas:
- Create your union-free action plan: Once a Union drive begins, you cannot make changes.
- Prepare for a Union drive: a recent NLRB rule will reduce your response time to less than 20 days.
- Know what to do to avoid NLRB Unfair Labor Practice Charges.
- Why do employees vote for Unions? Discover techniques that avoid Unions and create a positive, high production, and profitable working environment.
- **Special Feature: Take a labor relations IQ quiz during the webinar.
What it costs employers to have a Union:
- Union free workforces save more than 30% in operating costs.
- Collecting union dues, paying labor attorneys during labor negotiations, grievances, whistleblowers, professional contract administration, higher benefit costs
- Having to fire employees who won't join the union.
- Losing customers who worry about strikes, slowdowns, and sabotage.
The Labor Law- how the NLRB can establish unions without elections:
- Your Labor Relations IQ; questions you must answer.
- Union campaign tactics and strategies.
- The NLRB's certification election process.
- What you should and should not do: management's election campaign.
Why employees vote for Unions:
- Employers get the unions they deserve.
- What employees want from their jobs.
- What specific employment policies compete with union promises.
Positive Employee Relations and Making Unions Unnecessary
- Establish policies to discourage unionization- become super competitive.
- How to communicate your position on unions.
- Employee safety, health, and environmental programs.
- Compensation and benefits.
Answers to your Labor Relations IQ Quiz.
- Labor law violations which certify a union without an election.
- Unfair labor practices.
- Supervisor training.
- 90-minute webinar (Travel-Free) delivered over the phone and Internet.
- Unlimited listeners per connection - bring the entire department.
- Q&A session with the expert.
This event will be presented live by phone together with a PowerPoint presentation to be viewed on your computer. Internet access is not required for phone-only participants. The PowerPoint slides will be provided shortly before the event. Once you register, you will receive an email which is your receipt and which includes your instructions for dialing in and logging on. You will also receive an email reminder 24 hours before the webinar.